Friday, February 25, 2011

Chapter 7

2. Do you remember seeing a movie you were not allowed to see? Discuss the experience.

I think every seventeen year old has "snuck" into a rated R movie. I began college at seventeen, I turned eighteen the September of my Freshman year. One weekend, I went home to Charlotte and wanted to see the movie "College" with my friends. It was about the "typical" college experience and as a college student I wanted to see it. I was interested in the story line and see if it was anything like what college really is. I went to the theater with some friends who were already eighteen. I told the girl in the box I wanted a movie that was PG-13 and different than the movie my friends wanted to see. I walked into the theater and gave my ticket to the usher, he directed me in a different direction than my friends. I don't know how i managed to sneak past him but I did and followed my friends into the theater for College. I'm sure it was super obvious but it worked. I was a little nervous but the movie was funny and a month later I turned eighteen and have not worried about "sneaking" into any more movies since then.

3. How often do you go to the movie theaters today? How often do you play DVDs on a television at home, or watch movies on a computer? Which experience do you prefer and why?

I never go to the movies! I think it's ridiculous to spend ten dollars on a movie ticket, when I can wait and spend five at Blockbuster a month later. I'm okay with waiting that month. I have a pretty busy schedule so I do not have a lot of free time to just sit around and watch movies. I enjoy watching movies but I am not a movie guru. I don't make a point to go to the theater for the new releases. I probably play DVDs a few times a month. I never watch movies on my computer. If I had the choice to see a movie in my home or on the big screen it would definitely be in the comfort of my own home.

No comments:

Post a Comment