Friday, April 1, 2011

Chapter Ten

1. What are your earliest recollections of books? Do you read for pleasure? If yes, what kinds of books do you enjoy? Why? 
 
Growing up my parents read books to me beginning at a young age. They both knew the importance of reading and comprehension and made sure my childhood was full of books and reading material. I can remember my parents reading the classics to me such as books by Dr. Seuss and Eric Carle. My elementary school was a magnet school that focused on literature and the arts. There was a strong emphasis on reading and taught students how to enjoy reading. Unfortunately as I have gotten older I do not enjoy reading as much. I like reading in the Summer because I have more free time to leisurely read a novel. When I do choose to read books I, like most girls my age, enjoy reading Nicholas Sparks novels. His stories are usually based out of the South and involve lots of love and emotion. I like reading the books and then seeing the movies.

6. Would you read a book on an iPod or a Kindle? Why or why not?
 
I think if I had the choice to read a book on an iPod or a Kindle I would choose to read it on a Kindle. I do not know much about the Kindle, but it seems they are becoming more and more popular in the education field. Soon, I have heard, that college textbooks will be available for the Kindle. I think the Kindle would be more beneficial to the reader because the reader is able to view the book on a larger screen. Kindles are easy to carry and you are able to read off of them indoors and out. There is nothing worse than trying to read something with the sun glaring on it and making the screen look darker.

No comments:

Post a Comment